Bill joined K&L in August of 2011 and previously worked at a regional law firm practicing in commercial litigation and insurance coverage/defense. He has volunteered his time to the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s Children’s Attorneys Program (CAP), representing abused and neglected children in Clark County.
Honors & Awards:
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2018)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2017)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2016)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2015)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2014)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2013)
- Jones vs. Montagne Marron Community Association, et al. – Tried wrongful foreclosure/slander of title action to unanimous jury verdict in favor of plaintiff, including compensatory damages, punitive damages, and attorney’s fees.
- Golden Chain, Inc. vs. Fanning, et al. – Successfully moved for a vexatious litigant determination against counter-defendants, the first such ruling in Nevada against a business entity or a party represented by counsel.
- Clark County vs. City of North Las Vegas – Represented the County in a trespass/public nuisance action regarding the North Las Vegas Water Reclamation Facility and the effects its processed raw sewage had on the County’s Range Wash and Sloan Channel.
- CCSD vs. Travelers Casualty and Surety – Litigated and settled a breach of performance bond action involving delays to HVAC renovations at elementary schools in CCSD’s favor for $5 million, one of the largest such recoveries for a public entity in Nevada.
- Hobbies – Cross-Training; Billiards; Pinochle
- Favorite Books – Tai-Pan; Master of the Game; The Firm
- Favorite Movies – The Godfather; Legends of the Fall; A Few Good Men