William Gonzales primarily practices in the areas of commercial litigation, sports and entertainment law, and general civil litigation.
Mr. Gonzales received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies from the University of San Diego, where he also played defensive back for the Toreros. After USD, Mr. Gonzales joined Athletes First, a preeminent sports representation agency, where he had the opportunity to focus on contractual negotiations, client recruitment, and marketing issues. After being exposed to the industry, he decided that law school would be the perfect path to intertwine his passion for sports and further develop his natural business acumen.
Mr. Gonzales received his Juris Doctor from the University of Nevada Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law with a concentration in Business and Commercial Law. During law school, Will served as an extern to the Honorable Judges Stefany A. Miley and Timothy C. Williams of the Eighth Judicial District Court.
Mr. Gonzales joined Kolesar & Leatham as a law clerk in 2017, and has worked on some of the most complex and high-profile cases in the firm’s Litigation and Sports and Entertainment Practice Groups.
- Member, Nevada State Bar
- Sports Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards:
- Dean’s List, William S. Boyd School of Law
- Co-Author, “Effective Client Interviews, Deposition Strategies, and Techniques”, James Patrick Shea and William A. Gonzales, American Bankruptcy Institute’s 26th Annual Central States Workshop (June 2019)
- Co-Author, “Professional Club Ownership in the United States”, Robert J. Caldwell and William A. Gonzales, Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA), July 2018
- Guest Speaker, Leaders In Training (L.I.T.)