Mr. Davidson practices primarily in civil litigation, domestic litigation, criminal defense and significant injury. He has been practicing law in Southern Nevada since 1979. Following 20 years as a private practice civil and criminal trial lawyer, Mike joined the Clark County District Attorney’s Office as Assistant District Attorney where he supervised the Civil and Family Divisions, Coroner’s Inquests and performed death penalty assessments. After a brief return to private practice, Mike was named Chief Deputy City Attorney, Criminal Division for North Las Vegas. Mike has served as a Nevada Supreme Court Settlement Conference Judge; Juvenile Court Pro-tem Hearing Master, and; Small Claims Hearing Master. Since 2010, Mike has practiced with Kolesar & Leatham.
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- Nevada and Arizona State Bar Associations
- Clark County Bar Association
Honors & Awards:
- Martindale Hubbell Law Directory “AV Preeminent” rating
- AVV0 “10” highest rating
- Clark County Bar Association Pro Bono Outstanding Domestic Relations Attorney Award
- State Bar of Nevada Pro Bono Access to Justice Award
- CASA Guardian ad Litem Award
- Victims of Crime Award
- National Exploration Award
- Who’s Who in Practicing Attorneys
- Who’s Who in Nevada Business
- Nevada Business Journal “Elite Attorneys”
- Vegas Inc. “Top Lawyers”
- “Publication and Common Law Copyright”, Arizona Law Review 1976
- “First Amendment Protection for Biomedical Research”, Arizona Law Review 1977
- Presentation Topic, Organization, Year “Fourth Amendment Search and Seizure”, Southern Nevada Law Enforcement Academy 2006
- “Investigation of Domestic Violence Cases”, North Las Vegas Police 2007
- “Witness Presentation”, North Las Vegas Police
- Brigade v. Sofer: Representation of President of Las Vegas Fontainebleu Hotel and Casino against term lenders seeking damages of over $700,000,000. for loss of investment alleging fraud and misrepresentation. Case settled with no payment by our client.
- Davis adv. Nevada Judicial Commission: Representation of Municipal Court Judge accused of multiple violations of judicial ethics, including evidentiary administrative hearing and Nevada Supreme Court Appeal.
- Santele v. Chief Auto Parts: Representation of slip and fall victim resulting in trial verdict of $1,000,000.
- Nevada State Bar Board of Governors 1998-2002
- Nevada State Bar Fee Dispute Committee Chairman, Regional Chair and member
- Nevada Center for Law Related Education Board of Governors
- Relevant Education About the Law Project Board of Advisors
- Nevada Supreme Court Jury Improvement Commission
- Nevada Children’s Justice Task Force
- Legislative Sub-Committee on Tort Reform Expert Advisor
- Las Vegas Natural History Museum Board of Directors Chairman and member
- Las Vegas Elk’s Lodge Presiding Justice
- Clark County Leadership Forum
- High School Mock Trial judge
Mike is a dedicated UNLV Rebels fan and all around sports junkie who swims 7500 meters a week.