Matthew T. Dushoff is a litigator.
He practices primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, administrative law, liquor licensing, real estate, and criminal law before all state and federal courts in Nevada.
Mr. Dushoff was lead counsel on the nationally recognized case of Urbanski v. Jones. Mr. Dushoff successfully obtained a jury verdict for Mr. and Mrs. Urbanski in excess of $13,500,000 against NFL football player Adam “Pacman” Jones.
Mr. Dushoff was lead counsel for Himelfarb & Associates (“Himelfarb”) in the complex business litigation matter entitled FortuNet, Inc. v. Himelfarb, et al . FortuNet is a licensed gaming equipment manufacturer, distributor and operator that is the leader in the manufacturing and distribution of electronic bingo throughout the United States and Canada. Mr. Dushoff successfully obtained a multi-million dollar jury verdict for Himelfarb. The court also awarded Himelfarb his attorney’s fees from FortuNet.
Mr. Dushoff was lead counsel for University Medical Center in its successful defense of Dr. Tate’s civil rights’ claim in federal court in the matter entitled Tate v. University Medical Center. Dr. Tate sought over $32,000,000 in damages. The jury came back with a complete defense verdict.
Mr. Dushoff was lead counsel for Levi Jones in the wrongful foreclosure action against the law firm of Alessi and Koenig in the case entitled Jones v. Allessi and Koenig, et al. Obtained a unanimous jury verdict, punitive damages against Alessi and Koenig and attorney’s fees.
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- Member, Nevada State Bar
- Member, New York State Bar
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards:
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Judgment Day, The Practice of Administrative Law in Nevada, Nevada Lawyer, July 2011
- Police Officer Standards and Training Constitutional Law Professor
- Professor of Criminal Law, University of Phoenix
- Speaker, International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition’s Annual Conference
- Speaker/Lecturer, CCSN’s Domestic Violence Seminar
- Lecturer, Nevada Coalition Against Sexual Violence’s Annual Conference
- Keynote Speaker, Teen Crime Prevention Seminar
- Keynote Speaker, National Worker’s Compensation Fraud Conference
- Keynote Speaker, Nevada Employers’ Association Annual Meeting
- Keynote Speaker, Clark County Teen Pregnancy Conference
- Keynote Speaker, Nevada’s Affordable Housing Conference
- Keynote Speaker, SART/SANE Sexual Assault Training Conference
- Keynote Speaker, Centennial High School Honors Program
- Lecturer, Annual American Prepaid Legal Institute Conference
- CLE Instructor, Practice of Administrative Law in Nevada, October 2015
Mr. Dushoff was previously a deputy attorney general for the Nevada Office of the Attorney General where he represented agencies in a wide variety of cases involving commercial litigation and administrative law. He has represented the Nevada Taxicab Authority, Nevada Labor Commission, Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles, the Nevada Real Estate Division, and the Employee Management Relations Board. He has experience in a vast array of administrative law issues as well as issues involving the regulation of the mortgage and lending business, and liquor licensing issues involving suppliers, wholesalers, and retailers in Nevada. Mr. Dushoff was a public defender in New York City. He has considerable experience as a trial attorney in complex civil and criminal trial matters.
- Nevada Coalition Against Sexual Violence – Past President
- Rape Crisis Center – Past Board Member
- Candlelighters for Childhood Cancer – Past Board Member/Chief Financial Officer