Jonathan Blum is a shareholder of Kolesar & Leatham practicing primarily in the area of commercial/ business litigation. His practice focuses on all phases of civil litigation including discovery, trial, appeal, and alternative dispute resolution.
For more than ten years Mr. Blum has represented a wide variety of small, medium and large businesses in Nevada, both local and national, with an eye towards creative solutions to complex disputes, and litigation avoidance where possible. Mr. Blum has received the highest peer-reviewed rating, AV-Preeminent, for his legal capabilities and ethics.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Mr. Blum worked as an engineer in Southern California.
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- Vice-Chair, ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section Trial Techniques General Committee
- Member, International Trademark Association
Honors & Awards:
- “AV Preeminent” peer rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2009
- Handling Business Tort Cases, Thomson Reuters, 2015 – contributor
- “Maximizing the Effectiveness of Offers of Judgment in Federal Court,” ABA Trial Techniques Committee, Winter, 2014.
- South Sudan Center of America, Board of Directors, 2015-2016
- Southern Nevada Mountain Biking Association, Board of Directors 2009-2016
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada – Children’s Attorneys Project, 2008-2017