Brittany Wood focuses her practice in title and real estate litigation. She also litigates state and federal excise and use tax cases and has defended clients in professional malpractice and catastrophic personal injury actions. She handles litigation matters in all state and federal courts in Nevada, as well as disputes subject to mandatory and contractual arbitration and regularly represents clients in hearings before various Nevada administrative boards.
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Nevada, 2000
- Member, State Bar of Montana (inactive)
Honors & Awards:
- While in law school, Ms. Wood received numerous awards, including: West Group’s Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement; the Weymouth D. Symmes Award; the Emmett C. Angland Memorial Award; the Brown Law Firm Scholarship; the Anderson Memorial Scholarship; and the Sarsfield Scholarship.
- State v. Whitlow, 306 Mont. 339, 33 P.3d 877 (2001)
- Kim v. Kearney, 838 F. Supp. 2d 1077 (D. Nev. 2012)
- Bonanza Beverage Co., Inc. v. Labatt, USA
- Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company v. NAPUS Federal Credit Union et al.
- Alkimya Investment, LLC v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., et al.
- RBM Construction, Inc. v. CML-NV Industrial Complex, LLC
- Sunrise Paving, Inc. v. Blackstone Capital Group, LLC, et al.
- Full House, Inc. v. Jolley Urga Wirth Woodbury & Standish, et al.
- Shapiro vs. Stewart Title of Nevada, et al.
- Communication Electronic Systems, LLC v. Big Town Mechanical et al.
- Outside of work, Brittany enjoys spending time with her family, hiking, reading and following the University of Montana Grizzlies.