For more than 30 years Kolesar & Leatham has worked to provide the highest quality legal services to business clients throughout Nevada and around the world. As one of the oldest and largest independent business law firm in Las Vegas, our attorneys are well-positioned to help our clients successfully navigate and resolve sophisticated, high-stakes legal and business issues. Our lawyers handle a full range of legal matters, from complex litigation, to commercial transactions and real estate to administrative law and governmental affairs. We are a first-rate team of legal professionals driven to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
The following is a sampling of our achievements:
- Represented client in the nationally recognized case, obtaining a jury verdict in excess of $13,500,000 against an NFL football player.
- Secured a multi-million dollar jury verdict for client as well as attorney’s fees from a leading company in the manufacturing and distribution of unique methods of gaming throughout the United States and Canada.
- Represented a general contractor in a case brought by plaintiff, a large casino company. The plaintiff claimed $55 million in construction related damages. Obtained summary judgment on breach of contract and delay damages claims; plaintiff abandoned remaining claims.
- Represented a commercial landlord in a claim brought against the tenant for abandoning a 50,000 square foot building in violation of a ten year lease. Prevailed on appeal to Nevada Supreme Court of controversy relating to interpretation of summary eviction statutes and jurisdictional limits of Nevada justice courts.
- Represented and prevailed at trial on behalf of the lessee of a Rolls Royce Phantom that was damaged by the leasing company as a result of the installation of a hidden GPS tracking device. Recovered both the full measure of client’s claimed damages and all attorney fees.
- Represented Family and Child Treatment Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit organization. In this case a convicted felon asserted claims for negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress arising from the claimant’s failure to participate in a court-ordered treatment program. Obtained summary judgment on all claims and prevailed on subsequent appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Represented an auto dealership in a zoning dispute arising from the planned construction of a new dealership facility. Successfully appealed the denial of zoning change application to permit construction of new auto dealership facility.
- Served as counsel for chapter 7 bankruptcy debtors in dispute pertaining to exemption limits for individual retirement accounts. Obtained favorable ruling from U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada.
- Served as counsel in the sale of an aviation insurance company to a publicly traded company.
- Served as counsel in connection with the sale of a Nevada based mining conglomerate engaged in mining operations in Nevada, Mexico and Guatemala to an international mining company.
- Handled multistep sale of medical service business to a national private equity firm.
- Served as counsel in acquisition of solar energy company.
- Handled the sale of substantially all of the assets of a construction materials firm to a publicly traded company.
- Served as counsel to a Nevada state-chartered commercial bank in connection with its sale to a California state-chartered commercial bank.
- Represented a large national homebuilder in connection with the acquisition, development and disposition of real property.
- Represented large local, national and international commercial developers in connection with the acquisition, development and disposition of property ranging from free standing buildings to warehouses to regional malls.