Ryan Gormley practices primarily in the areas of commercial litigation, appeals, and administrative and regulatory affairs. He represents plaintiffs and defendants in both state and federal court and has drafted briefs for both the Nevada Supreme Court and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He also has experience managing large amounts of ESI and is familiar with a variety of e-discovery platforms.
Prior to joining the firm, Ryan served as a law clerk to Chief Justice Mark Gibbons of the Nevada Supreme Court.
Ryan earned his J.D., cum laude, from the William S. Boyd School of Law. There, he served as an extern to the Honorable James C. Mahan of the United States District Court and as an Articles Editor for the UNLV Gaming Law Journal. Prior to law school, Ryan graduated from Penn State University with a B.S. in Marketing. At Penn State, Ryan captained the men’s varsity tennis team.
Ryan is also active in the Las Vegas community through volunteer activities. He currently serves on two non-profit boards: the Advisory Board for the Marty Hennessy Inspiring Children Foundation and the Board of Directors for the United States Tennis Association, District of Nevada.
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- Nevada State Bar, 2014
- Nevada State Bar Appellate Litigation Section, Member
- Nevada State Bar Young Lawyer Section, Member
Honors & Awards:
- Marty Hennessy’s Inspiring Children Foundation Volunteer of the Year, 2014
- Represented a plaintiff in a securities fraud claim that resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Represented a plaintiff bringing a claim under the Nevada False Claims Act that resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Served as appellate counsel to a renewable energy company challenging the district court’s decision to vacate a final environmental impact statement.
- Represent an international energy company for renewable energy filings with the Public Utilities Commission of Nevada.
- Represent multiple directors defending against shareholder derivative suits.
- United States Tennis Association, District of Nevada, Board of Directors member
- Marty Hennessy’s Inspiring Children Foundation, Advisory Board member