Mr. Kolesar primarily practices in banking, real property, corporate and finance law. He was formerly a senior vice president, senior trust officer and general counsel for Valley Bank of Nevada (now Bank of America Nevada). In 2000, Governor Kenny Guinn appointed Mr. Kolesar to the board of directors of Employers Holdings, Inc. where he has served as Chairman since 2005.
Robert Kolesar is quite active in the community, serving as a board member of HELP of Southern Nevada, the Las Vegas Symphony and the National Conference for Community and Justice. He is currently on the Nevada Development Authority’s board of trustees and on the board of advisors for the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce.
In 1965, Mr. Kolesar received his B.A. from John Carroll University. He received his Juris Doctor from Case Western Reserve University in 1968.
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, American Bar Association sections on corporation, banking and business law
- Member, Nevada Bankers Association
- Member, Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP)
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Member, Keystone Corporation
- Member, Nevada Policy Research Institute (NPRI)
Awards Honors Recognitions:
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory
Speeches, Presentations & Publications:
- Co-Author, “Current Issues in Banking Law in Nevada”
- CLE Lecturer, State Bar of Nevada
- CLE Lecturer, State Bar of Ohio
- “Lawyers Who’s Who,” In Business Las Vegas