Linda K. Williams practice primarily in the areas of commercial litigation and insurance defense.
Ms. Williams served 7 years in the U.S. Marine Corps as a Military Working Dog Handler. Then, she worked as a police officer for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, working in various first responder positions until she was assigned to the Fraud Detail in 2002. Ms. Williams retired from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department in 2013 after 20 years of service.
While working as a Fraud Detective, Ms. Williams was certified as a Fraud Examiner with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, completed her Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and her Juris Doctor at University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and was admitted to the State Bar of Nevada. Because of her long tenure with the Fraud Detail and education, Ms. Williams was often tasked to investigate complex and politically sensitive fraud matters.
Prior to joining Kolesar & Leatham, Ms. Williams volunteered with Legal Aid of Southern Nevada and worked for a small general practice law firm.
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 2003
- Member, American Bar Association – Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Nevada Legal Services, Project Salute-Veterans Benefit Clinic, 2012 – 2015
- Las Vegas Track Club, 3rd Vice President, 2007, Banquet Committee Chair 2015-2016
- Member, Las Vegas Triathlon Club
- Member, U.S. Masters Swimming
- Member, National Marine Corps Business Network, Las Vegas Chapter