Mr. Mugan is a shareholder of the firm practicing primarily in the areas of corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, franchise law, banking, real estate and licensing matters.
Mr. Mugan represents local, national and international companies, advising in formation, licensing, corporate governance and restructuring matters. Mr. Mugan counsels businesses in financing, structuring and negotiating mergers & acquisitions, asset purchases and sales, roll-ups and all other acquisition-related transactions. Mr. Mugan assists highly regulated financial institutions in corporate and regulatory compliance matters.
Mr. Mugan represents large national homebuilders and commercial developers relating to acquisition, development and disposition of real property, leasing, formation of common-interest communities by homebuilders and related governance matters.
Mr. Mugan graduated with honors from Creighton University in 2001, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. Mr. Mugan earned his Juris Doctor from the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV in 2004, where he again graduated with honors. While attending law school, Mr. Mugan was the Business Editor on the Editorial Board of the Nevada Law Journal and a teacher in the Street Law Program, educating Nevada teens about the law. Prior to commencing law school, Mr. Mugan worked in the corporate tax department of MGM Resorts International.
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- Member, American Bar Association Business Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising
- Member, Las Vegas Lawyers Chapter of the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy
- State Bar of Nevada, 2004
Honors & Awards:
- Mountain States Super Lawyer Rising Star 2010, 2017
- Nevada Business Magazine, Legal Elite 2015, 2016
- Leadership Las Vegas, Class of 2014
- “Lawyer’s Who’s Who” In Business Las Vegas 2006
- “Power Lunch: Joe Mugan,” Diamondcake Magazine, September, 2013
- “Exit Planning: Selling A Business,” Entrepreneur Organization Las Vegas, 2015
- Lead counsel in sale of an aviation insurance company to a publicly traded company.
- Lead counsel in sale of a Nevada based mining conglomerate engaged in mining operations in Nevada, Mexico and Guatemala to an international mining company.
- Lead counsel in multistep sale of medical servicer business to a national private equity firm.
- Lead counsel in acquisition of solar energy company.
- Lead counsel in sale of substantially all of the assets of a construction materials firm to a publicly traded company.
- Counsel to a Nevada state-chartered commercial bank in connection with its sale to a California state-chartered commercial bank.
- Representation of large national homebuilder relating to acquisition, development and disposition of real property
- The Salvation Army of Southern Nevada, Chair of Annual Benefit Banquet Committee (2017)
- The Salvation Army of Southern Nevada, Chair of the Advisory Board (2014-2016)
- The Salvation Army of Southern Nevada, Chair of Membership Committee (2012-2014)
- Teacher – Street Law Program (2003-2004)