Jonathan J. Winn’s practice areas include a broad range of business law matters including zoning/land use, privileged licensing/compliance and corporate and commercial transactions.
Mr. Winn frequently represents clients before various county and municipal commissions throughout Nevada. Mr. Winn also has significant experience in the drafting, amending and advocacy of new and existing code provisions related to privileged licensing.
Professional or Trade Affiliations:
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Associate Member, National Association of Licensing and Compliance Professionals (NALCP)
Honors & Awards:
- National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame Scholar Athlete Award
- Merit Based Full Tuition Academic Scholarship for Law School
- CALI Awards (Highest Grade in Single Class): Property II, Advanced Appellate Advocacy
- “Death Penalty Without a Hearing? How the Nevada Supreme Court’s Decision in Bahena v. Goodyear Incorrectly Defines Discovery Sanctions and Denies Due Process to Civil Litigants”, 12 Nev. L.J. 486, 2012.
- Counsel to multiple national restaurant, hotel, grocery store, drug-store, and convenience store chains in privilege business licensing (including alcohol and gaming compliance) land use, and zoning matters.
- Counsel in the acquisition of a clinical vision product manufacturer.
- Counsel in the acquisition of a solar energy company.
- Counsel to local group of physicians and entrepreneurs in preparing and submitting a highly ranked and successful application for a medical marijuana dispensary in the City of Las Vegas licensing jurisdiction.
- Counsel to large state-chartered bank in successful appeal of decision by the Nevada Financial Institutions Division
- Counsel to private owner in successfully voiding a multi-million dollar construction contract based on certain licensing issues.
- Mr. Winn has volunteered his time to the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s Children’s Advocacy Program, representing abused and neglected children.